We’ll come back to the discussion about Why Data is Like a Labrador Retriever after this brief digression.
Facebook Live. Anybody using it in Fundraising? Annual Fund?
You can watch the whole thing here:
PHENOMENAL experience. But now I’m kind of obsessing on how Facebook Live could be incorporated into an annual giving program.
Obviously, Nina has a great studio set up, but you wouldn’t need it – in fact, being a little raw might be a benefit.
Off the top my head ideas:
- Do a virtual gala – stay at home in your jammies and bid on an auction from home
- Do a “Behind-the-Scenes” tour
- Interview other donors and ask why they supported
- Broadcast an appeal from on-campus/on-site
- Talk to beneficiaries
- Tell great stories
- THANK YOU VIDEOS!
- Have an address from the CEO/President/Board Chair
- Show mission in action as its happening
Animal rescue organizations and dog training orgs are doing a fantastic job of sharing live feeds of puppies online. That will melt your heart. I fell for one in writing this blog.
Try it out; it’s got potential.
But, as in all good things, let’s not get distracted by Shiny Object Syndrome. Be thoughtful, be strategic and recognize it’s not the silver bullet you’ve been searching for your flagging annual fund. But, still . . . don’t forget to add some fun to it, too!